Beef & Rice Casserole
Recipe: Beef & Rice Casserole
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the beef with onion and garlic. Drain the excess far. Set aside.
- In a square baking dish, combine rice, water, oil, tomatoes, seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked beef and cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven fluff rice with a fork, top with cheese and return to the oven.
- Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Meal type: dinner
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!