Heirloom Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Recipe: Heirloom Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 2-4 Heirloom Tomatoes (depending on the size and how many you are feeding)
- 1 Cucumber
- Italian Salad Dressing sometimes I add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to the Italian
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel your cucumbers, I like to leave some of the skin on so I make a stripy pattern with the skin.
- Dice tomatoes and cucumbers in to bit sized pieces.
- Plop in the a bowl pour the dressing on it and serve.
I usually assemble the salad and serve the dressing on the side so that it stays fresh and I can easily store any leftovers with out them getting soggy.
If I have some fresh mozzarella on hand I will dice it up and put it in the salad as well.
I change up the dressings using different types of Italian, toasted sesame, oil and vinegar, or whatever I have handy.
Meal type: side dish
This post is linked to: It’s A Blog Party!
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!