Herbed Tuna in Tomatoes
Recipe: Herbed Tuna in Tomatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 5 oz can of tuna, well drained
- 2-3 tbls fresh parsley
- 1/8-1/4 cup onions, diced (red or white)
- 1/8 cup celery
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese (I used Muenster)
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp mustard
- Slice the tops off of each tomato, and scoop out the insides. Toss the seeds and juice.
- Chop the flesh and put it in a medium bowl.
- Do the same with the tops, making sure to remove the stems.
- Add tuna. parsley, onion, celery, egg, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Season to taste.
- Refill the tomatoes with the mixture place a slice of cheese over each tomato.
- Place in the oven or broiler to melt cheese. I cooked it at 350 for about 5-8 minutes.
Series: Garden Grub
Meal Type: snack, lunch, dinner
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
This post is linked to: It’s A Very Cherry World
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!