I am always looking for new breakfast ideas. While I love the usual egg, potato, ham or bacon concoctions I tire of them pretty easily. This is a new twist using many of the typical breakfast staples with limited effort… my favorite! Also note that I ran out of basil so my picture is basil-less!
Recipe: Breakfast Bruschetta
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 3-4 Tbls. sliced basil
- olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, sliced
- 8 loaf of bread, sliced (I used a french loaf)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 Tbls. oil to a frying pan and add your slices of bread. Fry on both sides until lightly browned and crispy.
- Add another 2 Tbls. oil to pan and add onions saute until soft.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and saute another 2 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl mix eggs salt and pepper and add to the pan and scramble.
- Add basil and remove from heat.
- Place sliced cheese on toast and top with egg mixture.
- I put mine in the broiler for a minute just to fully melt the cheese. You could also do this in the microwave, oven or toaster oven.
Series: Garden Grub
Meal Type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Italian
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!