Herb Dinner Rolls
Recipe: Herb Dinner Rolls
- 8 eggs
- 4 tsp. salt
- 9 tsp. instant yeast
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups warm milk
- 16 Tbls. unsalted butter, melted
- 8 cups bread flour
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 Tbls. milk
- Whole fresh herbs for garnish
- In a bowl or stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat together eggs and salt on medium-high speed until pale yellow (about 5 minutes).
- Slowly add the yeast, sugar, milk, butter and flour. Stir until ball forms.
- Add the fresh herbs until fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (usually 2 hours)
- Butter 36 muffin cups. Punch dough down and divide evenly between muffin cups.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray and let rise another 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover and gently place a herb leaf in to the center of each muffin brush the tops with the beaten egg mixture so it adhere the leaves.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
This is a large recipe, I freeze half of them and keep the rest handy. You can easily cut this recipe in half if you prefer not to freeze them.
Meal Type: bread
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!