Orange Mini Muffins
Recipe: Orange Mini Muffins
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spay mini muffin pans with non stick spray.
- In an large bowl mix milk, juice, sour cream, eggs, and butter.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in to the wet, until fully incorporated.
- Fold in zest.
- Divide batter in to prepared muffin pan (this made about 6-8 dozen)
- Bake about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, combine juice, sugar, and zest in a small bowl.
- Whisk until smooth adding more juice or sugar until desired consistency.
- Brush over the muffins while they are still warm allow to set before serving.
Note: I froze half of these and kept the rest on the counter in an air tight container for a snack through out the day.
Meal Type: bread, breakfast, snack
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!