Tostadas – three different ways!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (or more if you like it spicey)
- 1 can of beans (you can use kidney, black, pinto, whatever you have on hand.. I used kidney)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 6-8 corn tortillas for the tostadas
- lettuce, sour cream, avocado, salsa cheese… whatever toppings you prefer
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan saute onions and garlic until tender. Add ground beef, cook until browned.
- Add cumin, salt, chili powder, bean, tomatoes, and sauce. Cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile slice your tortillas in half, place on a baking sheet and place in the over.
- Bake about 5-10 minutes, until golden and crispy, turning over once.
- Assemble your tostadas, I usually add lettuce meat mixture and top it off with cheese. I let everyone add their own garnishes.
The kid and I are not huge tostada lovers, but hunnie is, so when I make these I make three different variations using the same ingredients. When I assemble mine I put lettuce in a bowl top with the meat mixture add some cheese and crunch the chips on top then garnish with sour cream, salsa or whatever else I am in the mood for, making a taco salad. For the kid he likes to take a slice of bread and add the meat mixture then he adds cheese making kid of a Mexican sloppy joe type sandwich.
Meal Type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!