Spicy Mac & Cheese
This year I did cook a turkey and semi-Thanksgiving dinner, but we decided that on Thanksgiving day our immediate family would go out to dinner. And although I did miss spending time with my family, it was wonderful not acting like a complete lunatic with all the stress.
So since I had no pressure with when and what I prepared I wanted to experiment with our meal a little. This was one of the dishes we ate over the weekend.
Recipe: Spicy Mac & Cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 pound cream cheese melted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced jalapeños from jar (I used the pickled jalapeños from the garden)
- 1/2 cup jalapenos juice from jar
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 pound macaroni noodles cooked al dente
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt butter. Add cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Add heavy cream and whisk.
- Add jalapeno juice and whisk.
- Mix in cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted.
- Mix in sliced jalapenos. Add salt, seasoning and flour. Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spray loaf pan with pan coating. Layer bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooked macaroni.
- Cover with cheddar mixture.
- Add another layer of pasta and cheddar mixture.
- Dust top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Meal type: dinner
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!