12 Days of Christmas – Day 3 Tortilla Snowflakes
Recipe: Tortilla Snowflakes
- 6 flour tortillas Canola or vegetable oil for baking
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Edible glitter (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm the tortillas (about 15 seconds) in the microwave.
- Individually fold the tortillas in half once and then in half again, so that you end up with a shape that resembles a wedge of pie (it will be thick).
- Using clean scissors, cut triangle, circles, or squares out of the edges, as if you were making paper snowflakes. Unfold the tortillas.
- Lightly brush the tops of the snowflakes with canola or vegetable oil and place them on a cookie sheet slightly apart.
- Bake them until lightly browned and crisp (about 4 minutes).
- Sift confectioners’ sugar on the snowflakes while warm.
- For an extrasparkly effect, you can sprinkle on a bit of edible glitter.
You can also make these with a butter/cinnamon &sugar combination
Meal type: dessert
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!