Peanut Butter Truffle Eyeballs
Recipe: Peanut Butter Eyeballs
- 1 1/2 C. crushed Reese’s Puffs cereal
- 1 1/2 C. peanut butter
- 3/4 C. butter, softened
- 4-6 C. powdered sugar
- white candy melts
- red candy melts
- chocolate chips (about 1/2 C.) or candy eyes
- wax paper
- In large bowl, combine crushed Reese’s Puffs Cereal, Peanut Butter and butter. Mix well.
- Add powdered sugar, a cup at a time, until you have a firm dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper.
- Place in fridge for about 5 minutes to harden. (Tip: put your wax paper on a cookie sheet, then it’s easy to transfer your treats to/from the fridge!)
- Dip each ball into melted White candy melts and set on wax paper to harden (about 5 minutes) I used two toothpicks to do this.
- When set, dip one side into melted red candy melts. Using a toothpick, drizzle some extra red around the edges to look like the eyes are “bloodshot”. I’ve been having issues the last few times I’ve melted chocolate, I end up overheating it and it turns into a chunky mess. I made these last minute and ended up making my usual mistake, with no chocolate left in the house to try a second time I made due. It worked out perfect, the lumpyness made it look so much cooler!
- Press one chocolate chip (or candy eye), pointed side down, into the center and let set completely.
Meal type: dessert
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!