Chocolate Brownie Cake
Recipe: Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter into a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For ganache, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Set aside until cool.
- Remove brownie from springform pan. Place a wire rack over waxed paper and set brownie on rack.
- Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down sides.
- Refrigerate until ganache is completely set.
Meal type: dessert
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!