Speckmann’s Chili Mac
Recipe: Speckmann’s Chili Mac
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- either 1lb ground beef/pork/ misc. meat and a few turkey sausages or klobasa and 2 boneless chicken breats (I used 1lb ground beef, 2 italian sausages and 2 chicken breasts)
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- bell pepper: 1 green 1 red
- hot/jalapeno/ habanero peppers: 1 red 1 green 1 yellow or can of diced hot peppers
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 16 oz canned corn
- 28 oz whole can tomatoes
- 32 oz canned kidney, white or red beans
- 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- a few T. of chili powder or chili con carne mix
- macaroni noodles (cooked as directed)
- optional: cheese and sour cream
- Add onions to a BIG pot or dutch oven with a few T. of oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat. When onions are soft, add dice peppers.
- Add meat mixture to the veggies.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain out the grease if you’d like (I left it in). Add all the contents of the cans along with one can of water. After mixing throughly add the sugar, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- After about an hour, check the flavor add more salt or chili powder as desired. Cook an additional 2-3 hours.
- Top noodles with chili add a dollop of sour cream top with cheese and serve.
This recipe makes a TON of chili. Next time I’d leave out the chicken breasts and add additional sausages. I’d also cook this is the crockpot.
Recipe by Domestic Dame.
I link up to these wonderful websites, please visit them and show them some love!!